"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Saturday, March 20, 2010

This Way to the Garden


Lots of goodies this morning in the garden.  Join me as I stroll through with coffee cup in hand.

A beautiful day in Southern California, temperatures in the high eighties.

 

 Madarense Geranium is just beginning to flower.  These re-seed freely each year.


Clivia in bloom 
Swiss Chard and Peas ready now.  Newly planted lettuces, kale, spinach, spring onions, shallots, more peas and beets.


"Spring had come once more...in a succession of sweet, fresh, chilly days, with pink sunsets, and miracles of resurrection and growth."



-L. M. Montgomery

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carla, it is early morning here, I hear the first tentative notes of the birds and have a stroll through your lovely garden. I like what I see, the veg garden looks so fresh and inviting. You will have a very productive garden going. I enjoy your decorating skills in the garden. The carpet of the purple Bougainvillea is so beautiful, short and sweet. We have just planted the veg garden as autumn here is one of our main planting seasons. I put you on my blogroll on "yesterdaytodayandtomorrow" if this is OK with you. Have a nice week. T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Titania! I love your blogs. I am new at this and thought it would be a fun way to keep track of how my plants are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog Carla! I feel as if I really have taken a trip into your garden.

    The man carved out of wood is really amazing! Where did you get this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carrie, I got it at an estate sale. That is where most of my garden art comes from. I also find things at thrift stores. If it is damaged, it really doesn't matter since it is going outside anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla