"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Friday, March 25, 2011

FREE SEED SAVER ENVELOPE TEMPLATES

I save a lot of my seeds from year to year. I thought I would share some links to sites that have wonderful templates that you can print out for making your own envelopes for seed saving.

Seed Envelopes from Blossomswap just click on this link and choose one of many listed.  This site offers two sizes for envelopes. I generally use the small (group of 3) for saving seeds unless they are squash seeds, then I use the larger envelope.

Here are a few more of my favorite sites:
Alenkas 
Angelfire
Seed Site

"He who sees things grow from the beginning with have the best view of them."
- Aristotle
Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head... click to hear Burt Bacharach

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the websites! It would be interesting to start saving seeds, that 's a great idea. By the way what veggies are you planting this year? All of my veggies germinated under the grow light. If only the weather would warm up so I can clean the garden outside. As you know, the snow won't stop. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the website, I save seeds from year to year also.
    It snowed here last night and supposed to be a mix today and tomorrow, so much for spring and some plants outside.
    Shooting for summer,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priscilla, I am planting lots of heirloom tomatoes, so far I have Dr. Wyche's, German Queen, Green Zebra, San Marzano, Cherry (Rainbow Blend, Candy Bicolor, Abraham Lincoln, Mr. Underwood, Pink balls beefsteak, Zapotec Pink Ribbed and Wisconsin 55. Also lots of bell peppers in different colors, hot ones too, summer squash, cucumbers, beans and lots of herbs. I will put up a post soon with some photos and the names. Hope the sun is out today, we are seeing a little more of it today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, thank you for stopping by. I am glad you enjoyed the links. I love to save seeds when I can remember to do so. I save a lot of the lettuces I plant because that is an easy one to do as well as basil seeds, I get a lot of those too. I save seeds from Green Zebra tomatoes last year and they are growing well so far, about 4 inches high and almost ready to plant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla