"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Monday, March 24, 2014

The Orioles are back!


Even though we really never had winter the orioles are just now back.  Of course they may have been around and I just didn't see them, but normally I hear them before I see them.  This beauty has been around for a week now, but so far I have not seen his mate.  He is enjoying the birdbath daily and getting himself all groomed for his mate's arrival, no doubt. 


2 comments:

  1. We have had an oriole pair for the last several years. They aren't back yet because we are supposed to get more snow tonight! Good to see your feathered friends! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I have been so busy lately with the gardens that I have neglected my blog. I saw both the male and female Oriole in the birdbath yesterday. That is rare to see them together and bathing at the same time. Must be this high heat we are having this week. 93 yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla