"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Monday, August 4, 2014

Breakfast on the Mexican Patio


We had a beautiful morning, temperatures are a little cooler now that the humidity has left us.  I decided to slice up a bunch of my colorful heirloom tomatoes, toast some homemade Kalamata Olive Bread, squeeze a couple of grapefruits from the tree and head out to my little Mexican patio! 



This bread is one that I make often and it turns out each and every time; I usually use part wheat flour as I did in this loaf.  You can also add a bit of oregano or rosemary to the dough right at the end of mixing.


Gorgeous plate of a few of the heirloom tomatoes we grew this year.  Green Zebra, Big White Pink Stripe, Henderson's Ponderosa, and Dr. Wyche's.  Also a few cherry tomatoes tucked in here and there.  I 'buttered' my toast with some of my pesto sauce, added a bit of arugula and pretty much finished off this plate of tomatoes all by myself.  I know, a lot, but I am a tomato addict and the season will be over soon. 


Saint Francis in the Schefflera, watching over all the little ones.


Our bougainvillea is not as lush as it normally is, the drought and or the extended high temperatures are even tough for this drought tolerant plant.

Siesta Time

My plumeria in bloom and getting bigger each year.  I think it is going on 2 plus years now. 

4 comments:

  1. returning the first 3 visitors to my newest post.
    California is suffering from this severe drought. An achievement to grow tomatoes. I like mine with mozzarella and basil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, it has really taken a toll on my plants, even the tomatoes. They like the heat but most of them were so small compared to previous years, to much of a fluctuation in temperatures.

      Delete
  2. Love your heirloom tomatoes, so colorful. I'm sure they were juicy and delicious. Your plumeria are gorgeous, they remind me of Hawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla