"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Friday, July 25, 2014

Cloudy With a Chance of Rain, one hopes


Looking East, enjoying the sound of thunder and a few light sprinkles. The air is cool, damp and smells of sagebrush, it feels wonderful. We have had a couple of nice showers, hope it continues through the day.


Today on my list to do:  roast off some tomatoes and get those in the freezer.  I don't feel much like heating up the house, but at least I can keep the windows and doors open. Yesterday I cooked up a huge batch of random tomatoes and made 4 quarts of juice. 



Zucchini spears soaking in salt water.

 Later on  when I get some time I will post recipes to A Table for Rue, Please  for these Zucchini Pickles and the Panzanella Salad pictured below.  The pickles only take a couple of days in the refrigerator and with the daily harvest you and I probably get it is another way to use them; they taste just like dill pickles but without the wait.

Heirloom Tomato Panzanella Salad

1 comment:

  1. The pickles are a very good idea. We did not plant zucchini this year. I sorta put a moratorium on them. I miss them, however. Hope you had rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla