"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Monday, March 25, 2013

My Never Ending Kitchen Project


Have I told you how much I love to paint?


Last week I painted this ROLLING ISLAND.  This is a custom color that I had Home Depot (Behr paint) make for me.  I took in a Pasilla Chili pepper for them to scan.  Look how beautiful this color is, it is a red chocolate brown and looks really nice with the floor.  The light was coming in strong from the skylight this morning when I took these photos, so everything is bathed in sunlight and appears lighter than the rich color and is not picking up the red/purple tone.  My granite counter-top has a dark amethyst stone in it and is the same color as this island.   


In this photo you can see my white table and a green chair, I will repaint my table CHIPOTLE PASTE (from Behr Paint) and then I will paint the two green chairs the same color as the island.

The fabric below is one I found at an estate sale for $2.00, I think it is about 6 yards.  It is designer fabric that is very good quality and will look really nice once I cover the cushions on the chairs.  The reddish stripe is very much the same as the Chipotle Paste paint color. All this pepper talk is making me hungry for MEXICAN FOOD!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla