"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson




Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kitchen Remodel Update, Painted Chairs, Thrift Store Cabinet



 Here is the dresser I bought at a thrift store for $40.00.  I removed the four long drawers in the front and also the doors. I first painted the drawers and doors along with the cabinet itself in the sage green color, but since have decided to leave the drawers out and keep the doors off.  I removed the upper and lower braces from the drawers and will put in 2 pine shelves.  I also cut two pine boards for the cabinet sides to use as shelves.  The top will have a nice pine plank top. 

It originally had four drawers. I was going to keep two for linens, but they were not very secure so out they came. I removed all but one of the braces. The photo below shows one on the bottom half which I have since removed.  The shelf will sit on the center one.


the photo below shoes the cabinet with two drawers still in, but these have since been removed and the shelves added.





I painted the old green chairs this color. I used Behr's Chipotle Pepper then antiqued them with the custom Poblano Pepper color I had them mix up for me.  That is the color I painted the island. The white table in the picture is one that I painted last fall and now I am going to paint it again! I will use the same chipotle and poblano colors I used on the chairs, but may make it a bit more of the poblano color just to mix it up a bit. 


I also found this fabric that I will use for the glass door drapery and may also use it on the kitchen (sink) window. I want to get a nice textured blind for that window so I may just make a valance out of this fabric or may use it with the stripe fabric that is on the chairs. 


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I have missed the last two posts. Your spring flowers are so beautiful. Here spring has fizzled. We have freezing and snow and more snow and more freezing. The tulips and daffodils were ruined. Anyway. Love the chair and the color. Your finished kitchen will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann,
      I am baffled by this long winter that most of the US is still having. Even here we have far cooler temperatures than normal.

      I am sorry to hear that your bulbs were ruined, next year hopefully, they will return in all their glory and ready for a big showing for you.

      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. The fabric is lovely and the chair is a bijoux. You are very clever restoring furniture. I have an old bench which is in the do, Peter said to throw it, but it is a challenge to restore it. I will post it when it is finished, but it will take a while!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titania,
      Thank you! I do love to find old pieces to play around with.

      I can't wait to see your old bench, post a photo soon so I can come by and see it.

      Delete
  3. Carla,
    I saw where you pinned these on Pinterest but Forgot to come by here and tell you how beautiful everything turned out. You have such talents! I cant wait to see what you turn into a treasure next. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, thank you! I am having a lot of fun with this project. Next, I paint the table; even though I painted it white a short time ago, I have changed my color scheme to this one so....

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, I love hearing from you, stay as long as you like, Carla